Sunday, January 30, 2011

Deal?


Women want to be swept off their feet, wined and dined but real life is not a romance novel. When the 'honeymoon' phase is over reality sets in. Sometimes you only see when you want to see at first. I am who I am and what you see is what you get. I know I go against the majority but I feel you have to earn my trust, time and efforts. Don’t get me wrong, I don't think I am special and I am not a snob, although I am picky. I just think that you should invest and give more over time and not put on a show to impress. I do not care what you or anyone else thinks. I am ok with me, and if you don't like me, than let us not waste our time. Life is short and to spend it pretending to be someone you are not, it is a waste of time. If you want financial stability do it for yourself. I take care of me. I will give you everything I have if you meet me half way but don't expect me to give until your lofty expectations have been satisfied. I would not waste my time, money or energy if I did not care. So if I do, it is for real and I will go the distance. I will even go as far to let you go to find something better if I am not it for you. I want people to be happy and I will not stand in the way of that even to my own detriment. So walk on me and walk on. Love me and I will love back. Ignore me and you do not exist. If you stand on the mound, I will not only step up to the plate but also take a swing. If I give and you give back, it is a good damn start. I am not shallow, superficial or selfish. If I am not good enough for you so save us a lot of time and money and just say so .I will admit when I am wrong but you can't always be right. I am not going to say or doing anything unless I mean it. Is that too much ask of someone else? Don't manipulate me, use me for your own gain, lie to me, tell me to be something I am not, try to change me, or anything else selfish or degrading. How would you like to be treated in that manner? Don’t tell me to change for anyone else and if you do then how about you change for me. Do not tell me how creative, talented, how I have a good heart, how I am a catch. Tell me you love me and that you are not only in until something better comes along. I am not grass so there is always something greener. I am not your father, brother, therapist, counselor or caretaker. I am, not my car, my job, my house or my bank account. I have feelings and I express them, if you are not interested or have nothing to say, and then find someone else. I am heart, soul and hope. Don’t kiss my ass because I am no better than and do not put me down because you have problems too. I am tired of trying and want things to be easy and new. Let’s both check our luggage at the door, strip naked and talk. If something happens cool, if not cool too. I will not apologize for my feelings or how my past made me who I am. I will not blame my family, my religion or my ex. I have lived, I have faced adversity and I have survived. I do not deserve a medal or sympathy. I am here and I am not going anywhere.



by Trey Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment